PLEASE READ: Adding your attachments to the gallery

This is where we will keep you informed of any changes to the site.

PLEASE READ: Adding your attachments to the gallery

Postby kerchi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Just a quick(ish) announcement. This is an earnest request. Please make sure you read the notes below as well.

I would like to be able to make the gallery section of the forum a better image archive. To achieve this it has to be organised and well stocked displaying interesting and relevant quality images of as many subjects as possible. This we have already achieved to a degree but there are many images contained in forum posts that are not in the gallery.

How and why you may ask!!

The why: to have an unparalleled gallery of its type for this kind of website that is recognised as a valuable image resource for everyone.
The how: by posting ALL Border Regiment related images in the relevant galleries and adding a brief note about the image, if known.

Will anyone who has posted images in the forum PLEASE re-upload them, when time allows, into a relevant gallery as to continue to populate the various existing galleries, some of which have very few images in them. If you have an image subject that doesn't fit into an existing gallery, just let me know and I will create one.

Can all new image attachments in forum posts also be added to the gallery, please.

If you have any new ideas or comments please post below. Many thanks ;-)

Additional notes:
1. The gallery layout/structure will not be changed and those images already linked from forum posts to the gallery will remain as they are.
2. Images can include ANYTHING Border Regiment related such as: Photographs of soldiers, groups of people, places etc, postcards, scans of documents, cigarette cards, silks, trench art, badges and other insignia, newspaper articles (out of copyright), headstones, churches, memorials etc.
3. The Border Regiment Forum DOES NOT own any of the uploaded images by its members. Each member has FULL OWNERSHIP of their images unless such images are already public domain material.
4. "Quality images" relate to the subject of the image NOT the pixel quality, however, the higher the resolution the better the overall image will be.
5. Images can also be uploaded to the gallery and then simply linked to forums posts using the [rimg] tag.
6. Please ensure that each image has a proper title, this is for search purposes.
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: [email protected]
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Re: Attachments and the gallery

Postby kerchi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:44 pm

If possible I would like some opinions regarding the relevance of the images in the gallery, i.e., whether or not we should have images that are only relative to the Border Regiment and not have various other "miscellaneous" galleries.

A while ago I created the "miscellaneous galleries" album with a host of other non-Border Regiment related albums and images. While these are interesting to some degree, especially for anyone who might have an interest per se in one of the subjects, are they really needed within the scope of gallery as a whole?

Your views, positive or negative, will be helpful in making a decision to keep to remove those images so please do have your say as this is your forum as much as anyone else.

In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: [email protected]
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Re: Attachments and the gallery

Postby spike » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:17 pm

A while ago I created the "miscellaneous galleries" album with a host of other non-Border Regiment related albums and images. While these are interesting to some degree, especially for anyone who might have an interest per se in one of the subjects, are they really needed within the scope of gallery as a whole

In short, yes

Keeps the galleries from being too "one subject". They don't appear to be taking over, so, to me- they are welcome.....
SPIKE

LINK - Border Regiment in the Great War Websites
(right click and open in new tab)

In memory of -19455 Private John Farrer,
A Company 11th Border Regiment k.i.a. 1st July 1916
spike
General
General

Return to Announcements and News