A shakeup required?

This is where we will keep you informed of any changes to the site.

Re: A shakeup required?

Postby spike » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Any suggestion as to how this achieved?

Just exactly what you've done, mate
Tidy up the loose ends, but leave the basics as they are....
SPIKE

LINK - Border Regiment in the Great War Websites
(right click and open in new tab)

In memory of -19455 Private John Farrer,
A Company 11th Border Regiment k.i.a. 1st July 1916
spike
General
General

Postby kerchi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:51 pm

spike wrote:
Any suggestion as to how this achieved?

Just exactly what you've done, mate
Tidy up the loose ends, but leave the basics as they are....

Ok, thanks. It's getting there.
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:46 pm

plbramham wrote:Sound good, but maybe should just be some recognition that a 13th battalion DID exist, even briefly, rather than just erase it from history? Paul

I was thinking of adding a list of the Border Regiment battalions in one of the information boxes in the new theme, which I mention in this post. That way the 13th will get a mention. What do you think?
In memory of John Bardgett (15309 L/Cpl.), 11th Border Regiment who died 1st July 1916.

Any problems, comments or questions about the forum? Contact me at: admin@border-regiment-forum.com
kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby IanT » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Just noticed the French & German welcome pages. I don't thing the regiment name should be translated!
Ian
IanT
Major
Major

Postby spike » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 pm

IanT wrote:Just noticed the French & German welcome pages. I don't thing the regiment name should be translated!
Ian

I agree with Ian, it is the Border Regiment, a name , names should stand in any language

Like the new layout a lot Chris, I'm sticking with it from now on......
SPIKE

LINK - Border Regiment in the Great War Websites
(right click and open in new tab)

In memory of -19455 Private John Farrer,
A Company 11th Border Regiment k.i.a. 1st July 1916
spike
General
General

Postby BorderRegiment3095 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi

I posted some images into the collectables gallery but not much interest so maybe something to go?
BorderRegiment3095
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby kerchi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:36 pm

IanT wrote:Just noticed the French & German welcome pages. I don't thing the regiment name should be translated!
Ian

That is a very valid point and something that simply didn't occur to me at the time. Thanks for point that out Ian.

I will be moving those welcome pages to the archive as the new theme has an information box listing a single 'welcome' sentences for English, French, German and Italian. I am also going to include other languages, maybe Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.

I will change regiment's name into English as it should be.

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

spike wrote:Like the new layout a lot Chris, I'm sticking with it from now on......

That's good to hear :-)

There's still a few more tweaks to sort out but it's getting there. Which colour schemes have you tried? Did you notice your website links in the footer section? (in Metro Teal only so far but I will be adding them to all colours)

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby kerchi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm

BorderRegiment3095 wrote:Hi

I posted some images into the collectables gallery but not much interest so maybe something to go?

So far I haven't spent too much time thinking about the gallery yet but I will be getting to that when I have caught up with my to-do list for the forum.

I don't think, however, that I will remove that particular gallery simply because there are still photos in forum posts that can be included and it's just a case of asking the people who posted those photos to re-do them in the gallery.

I was thinking that I would remove non-Border Regiment images though and keep the gallery solely for regimental connections. That will come under a separate announcement and most likely I'll ask for people's views when the time comes.

kerchi
Field-Marshal
Field-Marshal

Postby IanT » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Should 'Requests and Lookups' be in the first section, with 'New Members' etc? It's the first thing newcomers & casual visitors see, and may have questions.
Ian
IanT
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and News